.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, October 24, 2008

Ortberg, J. (2002). The Life You've Always Wanted. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan. 

"I don’t just do the things Jesus would have done; I find myself wanting to do them. They appeal to me. They make sense. I don’t just go around trying to do right things; I become the right sort of person…"Ortberg (2002:21)

Sp transformation is not a matter of trying harder, but of training wisely. This is what teh apostle Paul means when he encouyrqges his young protege Timothy to "train yourself in godliness" 43

Our primary task is not to calculate how many verses of Scripture we read or how many minutes we spend in prayer. Our task is to use these activitities to create opportunities for God to work 52

For many years I was bothered by the thought taht I was a failure at prayer. Then one day I realised I would always be a failure at prayer; and I've gotten along miuch better ever since" Brother Lawrence 90

#
Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?